Classic Tour (3 days / 2 nights) Tortuguero National Park
6:00-7:00 a.m. Pick up at major hotels in San José area.
8:00 a.m. Stop for a Costa Rican style breakfast at Grupo Mawamba’s Río Danta Restaurant in
Guápiles. This private facility features a comfortable dining room, and beautiful
tropical gardens for you to discover,
9:00 a.m. Departure to Caño Blanco dock in Siquirres area.
10:45 a.m. Arrival to Caño Blanco. Board Mawamba’s boat for your ride to Tortuguero and Mawamba Lodge.
1:00-1:15 p.m. Arrival to Mawamba Lodge. Enjoy lunch at the pool restaurant.
2:30 - 3:00 p.m. Departure by boat from the Lodge to our nearby private trail, adjacent to the
Tortuguero National park, where you will enjoy a guided walk into the tropical
rainforest on our safe & comfortable for walking trail. Depending on weather
conditions, your guide will re arrange times or re-arrange the departure times.
4:30 p.m. On the way back to the lodge, we will stop at the village and invite you to join us a
walking tour of the Tortuguero town with your guide, tour around and continue walking
by the beach back to the Lodge. If you’d rather not stay for the visit, you can continue
on the boat back to the Lodge.
7:30 pm Dinner at the restaurant, locatd close to the Beach entrance.
6:00 – 8:00 a.m. Morning boat tour in the Tortuguero Canals. This tour introduces visitors to the rich
rainforest and its great array of Wildlife. Early morning hours are a great opportunity to
witness the awakening in the forest. Coffee is readily available before departing on the
tour, in our coffee room.
8:00 a.m. Return for breakfast at the lodge.
9:30 a.m. Your naturalist guide will take on a visit to the “Mawamba Park” in our facility that
includes the butterfly farms, frog farm and garden, iguana farm, bio-digestor
12:30 p.m. Lunch at the pool restaurant.
2:30 p.m. Afternoon canal tour to a different canal than the one visited in the morning boat tour.
7:30 p.m. Dinner at the pool restaurant.
8:30 – 10:30 p.m. Optional tour. (Night walk on private trail)
7:30 a.m. Breakfast at the lodge.
9:00 a.m. Return boat ride to Caño Blanco dock.
11:00 a.m. Arrival to Caño Blanco. Board the bus for the return drive to San José.
1:00 p.m. Stop for lunch at Grupo Mawamba’s Río Danta Restaurant in Guápiles.
1:45 - 2:00 p.m. Return drive to San José.
3:30 – 4:00 p.m. Arrival time in San Jose and drop off at your hotel.
- The order and logistics of the itinerary may change depending on weather conditions.
- Luggage is limited to 25 pounds per person on all packages
- Entrance fee to Tortuguero National Park is not included in the package: USD $10.00 per person
- Optional tours include: Turtle night tour (in season From July to September) $ 30.00 USD per person, Kayaking Tours: $ 35 USD per person, Night Rainforest Hike: $ 25 USD per person
- Alcoholicbeverages, sodas or bottled water are not included in the package price.
- During turtle nesting season, dinner time changes to 7:00 pm, so our visitors can join the available tour.
- All our packages include a bilingual private guide. (English/Spanish)
- WI-FI service for your laptop use in our Cofee Room next to the Reception
- In room safe